Welcome to Eldridge/West Oaks
Super Neighborhood (SN17.org)
Need Help? Want to help? Use VolunteerHouston.org
VIEW USACE timeline video about flood levels through 9/17/17
9/25/17 FEMA Disaster Recovery Center at St. John Vianney
reduced hours to 9 am - 7 pm, Mon-Sat. They have short lines
9/23/17 Now 88 trucks picking up heavy trash in City District G
9/22/17 Use app version of Houston 311 to report storm debris:
Select button "Harvey Debris" within the app, "Report Harvey Debris" on web
9/19/17 Harris County wants photos & videos of interior damage:
Fill in survey form and submit files at http://harveyimages.org
9/18/17 Flooded? Apply for FEMA's Clean & Removal Assistance
Register at www.DisasterAssistance.gov, need evidence photos for site inspector
9/18/17 "Harvey Resource Guide" from Energy Corridor District.
9/17/17 22 trash trucks worked Zone 11 Saturday, 10 trucks today
9/16/17 Update on flood debris removal from Dept of Neighborhoods
Also Gessner, Memorial, Briar Park corridors. Segregate in piles by 7 am Sat.
If within a gated community, i.e. private trash service, and you
still have flood debris, SWM asks you to call 311 with address.
9/14/17 West District & Turkey Creek sewage plants at 100%
9/12/17 "Waze" app launches free carpool service in Houston
9/10/17 FEMA opens 3 disaster recovery centers: Katy, Baytown, Greenspoint
9/10/17 Four southbound lanes of Tollway 8 opened later tonight,
but a right lane and SB Memorial entrance ramp are still closed.
Hwy 6 is open between I-10 & Westheimer, but not north of I-10
Westheimer Pkwy now open to traffic through George Bush Park
9/7/17 Briar Hills power restoration and mobile substation update
9/6/17 Hurricane Debris collection process, also 6 dropoff locations
9/4/17 Initial FEMA Assessment of flooding (imagery of Sep 2)
9/3/17 Gradual reduction in flow from Addicks and Barker dams
9/3/17 Mandatory Evacuation at 7 am Sunday for flooded homes
9/2/17 Update on Power Outages, Notified if power cuts planned
♦ Get here using either sn17.org or sneldridgewestoaks.org
Eldridge/West Oaks Super Neighborhood (SN17) is in far west Houston. It extends east from Houston City limits, south from Buffalo Bayou, north from parts of Alief (roughly Westpark Tollway), west from S Dairy Ashford - in City Council District G - and west of W. Houston Center Boulevard - in District F, as shown on our Maps page.
EWOSN includes the Energy Corridor District
below Buffalo Bayou: see their eNewsletter
Area residents: do take a moment to register on our sign-up page, so that you get notified about our meetings & key area developments
If you want to periodic e-mails about vital City issues of interest to you/your neighborhood, register for CitizensNet e-newsletter, or follow the Mayor's newsroom
See About our SN
page for more on the mission of our Super Neighborhood, our Civic and Business partners, public forums and key projects affecting SN17. Check out Active Issues
Navigating this Website
Click white text in green boxes on the left side of any web-page to go that topic.
Web-pages identified by text with "*" suffix are only accessible to registered users.
Here is a summary of our most frequently accessed web-pages:
- Contact our SN: send message to committee chair or Executive committee member
- SN Committees: Beautification / Quality of Life, Bylaws, Flooding and Drainage, the Homeless, Infrastructure, Membership, Security and Speakers.
- Community Links: Civic and Business member organizations, schools in our area, links to City and County websites, and business districts in our area or nearby
- Important Info: our meetings, registering a civic association, reporting a street-light outage, stray pets, chronic criminal or nuisance behavior, City recycling centers
- Elected Officials: (new) City Council members, Texas House reps and Senator
- SN Documents: full text of bylaws, mission, template for delegates to SN council.
- Agenda and minutes of monthly meetings going back to 2010
- Events Calendar: SN17, HPD's Positive Interaction Program (PIP), city's CIP